Sunday, June 12, 2011

Horsing Around

(play the song while scrolling through the pictures!)






inside the arena
blood red dahlia at the terrain booth

terrain booth






beautiful blogger in action

yummy gazpacho



anthropologie booth

someday...

how cool is this chair?
check out this stallion giving me the side-eye















Romper: anthropologie (no longer available), Sneaks: UO (Similar), Bag: Cole Haan






on Memorial Day Monday, my friend Aly and I went to the Devon Horseshow. it was hotter than Hades and I was sweating like a hostage even in my cotton romper. we cooled off with some delicious gazpacho soup, greek yogurt with blueberries and granola, and of course... lemonsticks! when I was younger, I used to work at the Horseshow with my sister selling the lemonsticks with our family friends. lemonsticks are the perfect metaphor for nostalgic memories, they are puckeringly bitter but also sweet.

we had a lot of fun walking around to each of the horse stables to say hello to the horses. I used to be so scared of horses - they are huge and powerful! - but now I find their strength to be beautiful. one of them looked sad and Aly's remark that "maybe he lost?" made me burst into laughter. my favorite parts of the day were riding the ferris wheel (I haven't been on one since the 4th grade when I spent the entire time at the Family Fun Fair wishing my gradeschool crush would ask me to ride it with him... which he never did), getting a ladybug paint-tattoo, seeing the horses up-close and laughing with Aly. something about summertime begs us to get back in touch with the best parts of our inner 10 year old.

1 comment:

Aly Debbas said...

I LOVE THIS! ... Like adore it. The pictures are awesome and you are amazing. Very well written... captured the day to a t