Friday, July 27, 2012


Symptoms of inner peace
nirvikalpa:
  • A tendency to think and act spontaneously rather than on fears based on past experiences.
  • An unmistakable ability to enjoy each moment.
  • A loss of interest in judging other people.
  • A loss of interest in interpreting the actions of other.
  • A loss of interest in conflict.
  • A loss of the ability to worry.
  • Frequent, overwhelming episodes of appreciation.
  • Contented feelings of connectedness with others and nature.
  • An increasing tendency to let things happen rather than make them happen.
Saskia Davis ©1984

3 comments:

Saskia Davis said...

Hi,
Good to see you spreading "inner peach!"

I'm writing as the author of the SYMPTOMS OF INNER PEACE excerpts posted by Courtney.
You can find at www.symptomsofinnerpeace.net the original, whole piece, plus a slightly rearranged version on a poster + a little more info. Please visit to read it in context.

Also, if you would please add my name as author and ©1984 to your post, along with a link to the website, I would appreciate it. Thanks very much.

All the Best,cresol
Saskia Davis, Author
SYMPTOMS OF INNER PEACE™
Saskia Davis, LLC

Saskia Davis said...

Re "cresol" at the end of "All the Best" in my last comment. Not meaning to be cryptic! I don't know how it got there! It was the "prove you are not a robot" word.

Courtney said...

No problem, Saskia! I was so moved by this excerpt, which I first saw on www.cela-passera-aussi.tumblr.com. I had no idea it came from something more!

Thank you for your beautiful words and allowing me them to share them here!