Monday, July 9, 2012

Jicama-Blueberry-Feta-Thyme Salad



I first tried this insanely good fruity-cheesy-vinegary salad a couple of weeks ago when my mom's friend brought it over for lunch. After trying it and then melting on the floor into a pool of ohmygodthatwassogood, I mopped myself back up and decided silently in my head that it was the best thing I'd ever eaten. When I asked her how she made it, she (like a true food artiste) told me she just kind of "threw" it together. She said she didn't know what herb was in it exactly because when she was making it she handed her friend a pair of scissors and told her to "cut something green" from her herb garden. After careful consideration and some time ;) I've deduced that the mystery herb that awakens this salad is probably thyme.

Feel free to change up the amounts in the recipe – I sort of just eyeballed it and went by what tastes I liked best!

½ of a jicama (peeled and cut into cubes) *
1 pint blueberries *
¼ cup Feta cheese
1 tbsp fresh thyme
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar (preferably white)
3 tbsp olive oil
Salt & pepper

*you can also use 1-2 peeled cucumbers instead
*you can also use blackberries, but blueberries work best

No comments: