Thursday, January 12, 2012

Take What Resonates, Leave the Rest



"To sit patiently with a yearning that has not yet been fulfilled, and to trust that, that fulfillment will come, is quite possibly one of the most powerful "magic skills" that human beings are capable of. It has been noted by almost every ancient wisdom tradition." - Elizabeth Gilbert


"Everything we are looking for is what we are looking with." - Tony Robbins


"We are not nouns, we are verbs. I am not a thing – an actor, a writer – I am a person who does things – I write, I act – and I never know what I am going to do next. I think you can be imprisoned if you think of yourself as a noun." - Stephen Fry


"Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in it's deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love." -Rainer Maria Rilke


"It is the opposite of bolting. It's walking straight into the pain with the understanding that there are worse things in life than a broken heart. That something exists beyond, something that completely saturates any pain. Something that holds the pain, is bigger than it is. And there is no fighting with either the pain or the thing that saturates the pain... As long as I believe that pain is bigger than me, as long as I define being open and vulnerable as being vulnerable to annihilation, I believe in an image of myself: that I am someone who can be annihilated. And when I believe this, I bolt from different situations by engaging in various mind-altering or body-numbing activities." - Geneen Roth


"Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there." - Rumi


"The size and age of the cosmos are beyond ordinary human understanding. Lost somewhere between immensity and eternity is our tiny planetary home... I believe our future depends on how well we know this Cosmos in which we float like a mote of dust in the morning sky." - Carl Sagan


"Oh you can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's starin' right back." - "When My Time Comes" by Dawes


"There's nothing like living in a bottle, and nothing like ending it all for the world. We're so glad you will come back, every living lion will lay in your lap." - "Lived in Bars" by Cat Power


"Don't surround yourself with yourself." - "I've Seen All Good People" by Yes


"Remember, don't worry about losing. If it's right it happens. The main thing is not to hurry. Nothing good gets away." - John Steinbeck


"It's not life that matters. It's the courage that we bring to it." - Yogi Tea Bag


"Fear is a friend who is misunderstood; I know the heart of life is good." - John Mayer


"Who looks outside, dreams. Who looks inside, awakens." - Carl Jung

No comments: