Friday, January 6, 2012

Marcel the Shell with Shoes on is BACK!




Don't you love her? Turns out Marcel and I have a lot more in common than you might think. For one, we both don't have cars. Unless you count her bug and really, you just have to want to go for a ride. For two, we are both scared of dogs. For three... I've always wanted a nickname but never got one. When I was little I used to beg my mom for a nickname. She chose "peanut."

Unfortunately "peanut" never caught on with my mainstream kindergarten cronies. Come to think of it neither did Julie, or Lexi, or Sally which were the other names I would also use sporadically at doctor's appointments, dentist appointments, etc. Which caused a lot of confusion. And a lot of unnecessary cavity fillings... Just kidding. They were all pretty much necessary. I didn't eat much as a kid but I did eat pixy stixx  like they were going out of style. Which they eventually did...

True story: my mom decided to choose the "on sale" candy for this past Halloween and got a boat load of pixy stix and since I came home to eat their candy for candy duty I had more than 5 kids pick up the pixy stix (pixie stik?) and ask me, with a look on their face as if it were a boiled broccoli kabob...

"What is this?"

 It's the pure essence of what is in every other piece of wrapped candy that's in your bag. Sugar. In neon colors.

Quizzical looks.

 Apparently this isn't the 90's anymore. And  pixy stix are the equivalent to what a Pay Day was to me when I was trick-or-treating. Still don't understand the difference between a Pay Day and a Snickers?

Anyway. Happy Friday. Or Happy Pay Day, if you happen to be so lucky. I hope you have a great weekend!

AND P.S. - my post is up on Operation Beautiful so go check it out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


No comments: