Friday, June 8, 2012

A Little Alliteration

Mirrors . Mare . Mallows . Molten . Melting .


How's that for some alliteration, eh? My 8th grade Language Arts teacher would be so darn proud. Ya know who would also be so proud? Harry Houdini (or Criss Angel or whatever) - by my remarkable ability to make it seem like I sliced my body clear in half in that first photo with the two mirrors. True story: I had a magic kit as a kid. Oh, and a doctor/dentist kit. There was a brief period of time where I actually ran around wearing a white lab coat, pulling out my own "half-loose" teeth before they were actually loose... (I figured that if they were going to come out anyway, I might as well get the pain over and done with on my own time thankyouverymuch.)

Unrelatedly, here are some things I got into this past weekend:
- saw The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel - magnificent!
- went to FARMiCiA (and ate pretty much everything on the menu because it was all tremendously tasty)
- went to Frankford Hall where Mariana and I roasted marshmallows with giant steel skewers over a fire pit cauldron (Mariana wisely noted, "I can't believe they have these here with drunk people." She was referring to the skewers, not the fire pits - although I think the same could be said for those too...)
- visited a cool art shop in Northern Liberties that had framed songbooks from the turn-of-the-century that I am still dreaming about...

Well, that's all folks!

No comments: